Help! Newbie Programming APX 6000

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fireman002
New User

Help! Newbie Programming APX 6000

Post by fireman002 »

Hey guys. Just passed my HAM test and picked up an APX 6000 UHF/VHF. I received a copy of the CPS and have been working on trying to figure this out? Any suggestions on maybe finding a sample code plug to work from? I have been on youtube for days but nothing on the CPS for the APX line. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brett..
triptolemus

Re: Help! Newbie Programming APX 6000

Post by triptolemus »

Start with the Tutorials. They can be accessed under the Help menu.
jpu535

Post by jpu535 »

Save a blank copy of the existing code plug first and don't touch it. If you mess up the radio programming you can always reload the blank code plug back into the radio and start from scratch with a working radio.

The only way to learn how to program this stuff is to start at the top of the menu tree and work your way down. That way you'll have a better understanding of the radio, its options, and its functionality. Otherwise, what you're asking for is like taking a new car to a mechanic and saying, it's broke fix it. The APX radio can do a lot of things but you have to understand and get a feel for its capabilities first. No one can tell you how to program it to work the way you want it to work. I'm not trying to be sarcastic here just trying to make sure you understand the complexities of that radio.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

fireman002 wrote:Hey guys. Just passed my HAM test and picked up an APX 6000 UHF/VHF. Brett..
So you picked up 2 radios? A VHF 6000, & a UHF 6000? GARY

Return to “Radio Programming”