MTS2000 programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OldDawg
New User

MTS2000 programming

Post by OldDawg »

I have the dos version of the cps, and I have windows v2.3 as well. If I read the radio with the dos ver, it tells me the codeplug is too new for the ver of cps. When I connect it to the windows computer, it won't connect using the same hardware I was using on the dos computer (rib, cables, etc)

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

I haven't touched an MTS2000 in YEARS......
W3AXL
What radios do you own?: an unhealthy amount of them

Re: MTS2000 programming

Post by W3AXL »

You need to be using 32 bit windows and preferably a hardware serial port. The serial implementation Moto uses for older CPS versions is not compatible with 64 bit OS's and while the application will run serial comms won't.
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Post by sjxts3000 »

FWIW, I've used aftermarket RIB-less serial port programming cables with MTS2000 radios on Windows XP 32-bit without any issues at all. You don't need a RIB setup which costs 2x to 4x the price of an MTS2000 radio itself!
OldDawg
New User

Post by OldDawg »

Ok, I was able to access the radio with a 32 bit machine. TY.

Anyone familiar with the Tuner application? It seems the changes I am making to TX output are not being saved, even though I'm applying the changes with the "PROGRAM" button in the window.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

OldDawg wrote:Anyone familiar with the Tuner application? It seems the changes I am making to TX output are not being saved, even though I'm applying the changes with the "PROGRAM" button in the window.
As you make changes to each parameter and then program each one you must first exit the tuner
application and while the application is exiting it will program each parameter while exiting so do
not remove the program cable until you hear the beeps that the app is exited. After that go back
into the app and confirm your programed parameters have taken.
fineshot1
NJ USA
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

fineshot1 wrote:
OldDawg wrote:Anyone familiar with the Tuner application? It seems the changes I am making to TX output are not being saved, even though I'm applying the changes with the "PROGRAM" button in the window.
As you make changes to each parameter and then program each one you must first exit the tuner
application and while the application is exiting it will program each parameter while exiting so do
not remove the program cable until you hear the beeps that the app is exited. After that go back
into the app and confirm your programed parameters have taken.
Forgot to add that as you push "program" to each button you will not hear any beeps - actually the app
puts each one of those in a que for later programing each at exit time thus the beeps as it exits.
fineshot1
NJ USA
OldDawg
New User

Post by OldDawg »

ty kindly
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

you are welcome - using the tuner with a service monitor makes it so easy to tune the radio.
if you are not doing that then good luck
fineshot1
NJ USA
OldDawg
New User

Post by OldDawg »

Yes we have what we need.

Return to “Radio Programming”