CDM1250 out to headphones: “Cable 62”?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mjmason
New User
What radios do you own?: Moto, Yaesu, Icom, Kantronics

CDM1250 out to headphones: “Cable 62”?

Post by mjmason »

My goal is to use the CDM’s accessory port to send listenable audio to a pair of headphones. Closest accessory I’ve found so far is a cable on eBay marketed as #62 (see link), which terminates in a 3.5mm male audio plug and is used to record audio using a computer’s sound card.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-62-Motor ... 0644!US!-1

Is there a similar ready-made item that terminates in a female 3.5mm jack, and handles whatever audio amplification is necessary before the signal gets to the headphones? If not, can anyone kindly explain what kind of amplifier I should be looking to chain to this cable to accomplish what I’m after?

Really looking for as plug-and-play a solution as exists... any ideas? Thanks.
kb4mdz
What radios do you own?: Too many for the time I have.

Re: CDM1250 out to headphones: “Cable 62”?

Post by kb4mdz »

Well, as close as I can look at the picture, it probably takes audio from Pin 11, which Repeater-builder lists as Flat/Filtered RX audio; low-level, and Pin 7, ground.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorol ... -conn.html

Accessory connector kit is HLN9457AR;

Then the picture shows an audio matching transformer, they don't say what, but 1k:1k or 600:600 ohm, pobably will work OK. Iguess as much as providing isolation between the 2 systems; no ground connections.

But given the price on the ebay item, if you have to buy all the parts separately and wire them up, you'll probably spend a lot more in parts & labor.
mjmason
New User
What radios do you own?: Moto, Yaesu, Icom, Kantronics

Re: CDM1250 out to headphones: “Cable 62”?

Post by mjmason »

KB4MDZ,
Many thanks for the very helpful reply. I'm coming to a similar conclusion re: "will the parts and labor be worth the time spent experimenting."
N2ZQO

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”