Waris (CDM1250): Limit Tx power on a Personality basis?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mjmason
New User
What radios do you own?: Moto, Yaesu, Icom, Kantronics

Waris (CDM1250): Limit Tx power on a Personality basis?

Post by mjmason »

Hi - Wondering if there is a way to impose a power limit on a specific conventional personality, using CPS.

I'm thinking about putting the five MURS frequencies into my VHF model CDM1250, but since the allowable power on those freqs is so low (2 watts max. output) and I don't want to set the Low Power transmit limit to that power level for ALL personalities in the radio, I'm not sure if I can achieve this.

Any ideas? Thanks.
RFguy

Re: Waris (CDM1250): Limit Tx power on a Personality basis?

Post by RFguy »

No.

You have a choice of high power and low power. You can set each personality to either high power or low power.

Unless these are the only frequencies in a certain frequency segment in which case you "might" be able to play with the tuner for that frequency segment.
mjmason
New User

Post by mjmason »

Thanks. Have heard similar from others -- and don't want to risk bricking the radio by screwing around with the tuner too much.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

I don't know that you could do it with tuner anyway, in the CDMs the tuner doesn't adjust the output power, it calibrates the power sensor. The radio then adjusts the power so the wattage it senses matches the value set in the codeplug. Even if you can trick it, it's going to take a lot of fiddling around.
mjmason
New User

Post by mjmason »

Thanks all. Not planning to pursue it.

Return to “Radio Programming”