Inherited GTR 8000 Expandable Site Subsystem - question about backup power - UPS

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

soradio
New User

Inherited GTR 8000 Expandable Site Subsystem - question about backup power - UPS

Post by soradio »

Hello.

Real newbie question here so apologies for my lack of knowledge. I have inherited 2 of these GTR 8000 and 2 separate locations. Neither of them appears to have any backup battery power as when the power drops even momentarily they go down.
They are under contract and we do have a local provider but our confidence in them is low.
I don't think the units have been serviced in some time.

Each of these GTR 8000 have 3 units in them, like it will hold 6 but we only have 3 with just the 3 power supplies installed at the bottom.

Each of these 3 power supplies has a dedicated 20 amp circuit and the locations have generator power.

Do these GTR 8000 have a built-in battery to act as a UPS? I see reference to a battery and a charger but am unclear if our units are equipped.

When we asked our local provider about a backup battery to cover until the generator kicks in they spec'd us out a 2400-watt 20amp UPS for each GTX. I am hesitant to plug all three power supplies that currently have their own circuits into one UPS on a single 20-amp circuit.

Any help or direction would be really appreciated.
Let me know if this should be posted somewhere else.
Thanks!!

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”