IFR Aeroflex 2975 processor board fans and other internals

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

crdth
New User

IFR Aeroflex 2975 processor board fans and other internals

Post by crdth »

Hello All:

I recently aquired a new to me, Aeroflex 2975. I think it is a little later in the build cycle, as yhe serial number is a high 34xx.
This unit has a 400mhz Celeron processor on a Kontron board. I find it odd though, that it does NOT have heatsink / fan combo installed on the cpu.
I do not know if this was something that someone removed before I aquired this unit, as it was non functional with a front screen video problem,
which I was able to restore with some card and cable connection ceaning and reseating. Also the IF/Video board, located third from the right, rocks
end to end due to it's own weight, and the single connector to the backplane. Was there a clamp of some sorts, similar to the two enclosed boards
on the right side of the card cage that can be fastened at the end with screws to secure the IF/Video bord in place? I have searched through the
service manuals, but did not find anything that would help this problem.

Can any forum users supply me with some info regarding this 2975 , and provide me with some info to my questions?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

crdth

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”