CDM series (fine) tuning question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

psk31
New User

CDM series (fine) tuning question

Post by psk31 »

I've acquired a cpl of rough around the edges CDM-1250 radios I'd like to tune up as spares for our main DMR machine, and was looking for guidance re the following:
1) Once the radio is set on frequency by adjusting the Reference Oscillator warp (F7 test freq), can I safely adjust the (7) soft-pot sliders across each of the test frequencies without messing up the other tuning parameters? I ask this because initially when I moved the sliders down to loosen the squech points it seemed to affect the overall sensitivity of the radio. I opted to revert the radio back to its previous calibrations by reloading the backup calibration file.
2) Also, in terms of netting the receiver right on frequency, there is no other proceedure other than setting the single transmit test frequency as spelled out in the basic service manual? Am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks!

K
psk31
New User

Re: CDM series (fine) tuning question

Post by psk31 »

Just for clarification, I'm refering to the 7 soft-pot adjustments associated with the squelch threshold for the seven test frequencies.

Thanks

Kirb

Return to “Radio Programming”