xts "Commander" Speaker Mic...

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hvacesu78

xts "Commander" Speaker Mic...

Post by hvacesu78 »

Hi...
Came across some info on the : RMN5021A
Commander remote speaker mic for the xts series radios..
anyone have one?
thoughts reviews? comments..

for those who have never seen em' /\/\ specs sheet state you can control volume, channel selection from speakermic.... has a channel knob ontop of spk/mic (kinda where a antenna would go), has emerg. button, side prog. buttons as well....
just wondering if there are any reviews....

and yeah ! - where can I get one !! :D

John
dvpman

Post by dvpman »

VERY COOL, but what are they going to cost ?????
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I'm gonna have to say they might be for the XTS2500/5000 series radios, simply because I haven't seen anything in the RSS/CPS for the XTS3000 regarding them. I have programmed some 2500/5000 radios, but haven't delved that deep into the programming to say whether or not the options exist for that accessory. I haven't programmed any 3500 series, so I can't say about that series. What the heck would you need all that stuff on a speaker/mic for? The radio is only hanging on the belt clip, for pete's sake. As far as where you can get one...since you have a part#, you can get it from just about any MSS or even Motorola direct, assuming it's a legit part#.

Todd
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

From Motorola Online:

XTS Series Commander(TM) Remote Speaker Microphone
The Commander(TM) Remote Speaker Microphone is enhanced with controls normally found only on the radio itself. You can take command of communication with a Push-to-Talk (PTT) Button, Emergency Button, Volume Control, 16-Channel Select Knob and 2 Programmable Buttons. This water resistent Remote Speaker Microphone also features a receive-only 3.5mm earphone jack to allow for discrete conversations. What’s more, the controls are specially designed for users who wear large gloves: the buttons are large, and the channel selector knob provides tactile feedback at each position. Compatible with XTS3000 and XTS3500 two-way radios. Intrinsically Safe (FM) when used with Intrinsically Safe XTS3000 and XTS3500 radios. $147
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Bugs Bunny

Post by Bugs Bunny »

Wonder what version of the radio host you will need to egt them to work? Probably the same version for the XTVA.

Bugs
CHEFA2001
Banned

radio

Post by CHEFA2001 »

Too bad it wont be available for the astro series sabers.
:cry:
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams...So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the
Kleenex...BOO, HOO, HOO.....AMERICA Should have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.
MRFLASHPORT

New XTS Mic

Post by MRFLASHPORT »

Hey Guys

I have one on order, It should be here Friday. I'll let everyone know how
well this Cool mic works. :wink:
MRFLASHPORT

Post by MRFLASHPORT »

Hey Guys

Well, UPS didn't ship out on Tuesday, I'll let everyone know on Monday How the new Commander mic works.
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

XTS Mike

Post by 2wayguy »

I called Motorola on Thursday and was told they are backordered til mid to late January.. You may be waiting a long time for your mic....
MRFLASHPORT

Post by MRFLASHPORT »

2wayguy,

I checked with UPS and gave them the tracking number and This item is in transit and it will be here on Monday, Also My motorola account shows that this item was shipped on Monday.

When I made the order, I was told that they had 40 Commanders mic's in stock. Maybe they ran out.

I will keep you posted.
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

XTS Mic

Post by 2wayguy »

Cool, let me know what they are like...
HOWARD

commander mic

Post by HOWARD »

I have had mine for several weeks and like it, I can keep the radio in my radio pocket and not worry about the air pack straps interfering with access. It works fine on the XTS-3000 and although their is a section in the RSS for a HHCH I have not looked at it, I just connected it and started using it. The audio quality on mine actually sounds a little better than the radio itself. I bought it directly from Motorola and it was $124.95.
radioguy31

new mic

Post by radioguy31 »

Just ordered mine today my dealer cost is only 112.00 not bad should have it tomorrow morning.
TXCAP
What radios do you own?: 5100/5300-TP9100 VHF&7/800

Post by TXCAP »

Works Great
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

Probably a dumb question, consedering that you already said that it can only fit the XTS series radios, BUT, you guys think there is any possibility that it can fit the MT/MTS series as well, since they both have the same "connecter" ?

Thanks
radioguy31

XTS MIC.

Post by radioguy31 »

NOPE TRIED IT NO GOOD BASIC FEATURES KEY-UP AND MONITOR YES BUT THATS ALL.
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

damn, well, it was worth a try :)

Thanks for your super fast reply !
CHEFA2001
Banned

mic

Post by CHEFA2001 »

can someone post somewhere a better, good clear pic of this mic, front, back, side, etc....???
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams...So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the
Kleenex...BOO, HOO, HOO.....AMERICA Should have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”