HLN3333B and SM50's; Need help!

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DonMartin

Post by DonMartin »

Attempting to build a temporary repeater with 2 SM50s and an HLN3333B. I don't have tech manuals for either one. Have factory cables that shipped with HLN3333B but, when connect to radio, the internal ignition fuse blows. Need info on programming HLN3333B and info on programming ACC jack on SM50. Also any mods needed on cables from HLN3333B and radios. Volunteered to help a local volunteer group and I have no experience or tech manuals on the equipment they brought me.
coisaruim

Post by coisaruim »

On the Rx radio'cable move pin 8 to 14 and program pin 14 to PL/CSQ Detect
Good Luck
eacradio

Post by eacradio »

Don,
Send me your email address and I'll try to send you what you need.
Danny
dannyls@arkansas.net
Will

Post by Will »

Don,
This is a very common problem with Motorolas RICK. I have had to make many changes to the cables to make them work on other than the GM300 series radios. This is why I build custom Repeater Interface Modules.
The blown fuse is due to the fact of crossed A+ wiring in the "factroy cables". On the transmitter acessory cable, disconnect the A+ lead at pin 13. Make sure the receiver radio is pluged into J5 RX on the RICK and the transmitter radio 16 pin cable is pluged into J3 TX on the rick, make sure there is nothing in pin 13 on the accessory jack J4 "ACC" on the rick. You may use a standard jumper plug on J4 to enable the internal speaker on the receiver radio, pins 15 and 16 jumpered.

Set dip switch 2-3 to ON and S2-2 to OFF that sets the receiver PL/COS to pin 14 on the radio. S2-12 OFF, S2-6 ON, S2-5 OFF,.

If you need more help, post here and I can help.
radio-red

Post by radio-red »

Motorola Rick, is there any problems with it when interfacing two maxtracs
Will

Post by Will »

Yes, the same problems occur. Read my last post.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”