WHERE TO BUY ASTRO SOFTWARE RVN4184A

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

USPSS

Post by USPSS »

Does anyone know how to buy this software from Motorola, they don't want to talk to me about it without spending 1000.00 Are there any Motorola Dealers that would be willing to sell a fully licenced copy of the software so that I can program the radios for our police dept. The local Motorola shop will not sell it.
I DO NOT WANT BOOTLEGGED SOFTWARE
Thanks
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

phrawg

Post by phrawg »

Call 1-800-422-4210 and ask. They will send you license agreements to fill out and when they recieve and verify that as done they will sell you whatever you need. The software is not $1000 plus but if you have not a rib and necessary cables then the whole mess could well cost you that amount.
The rib is a one time purchase though. Once you have it yuou wont have to buy but the cable and software for future models.
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

Where did you get that price, as he said, as long you signed that agreement, you can buy software at phonecall any time you want. I can get it now if I wanted to, RSS cost around 250 to 350.00, and that is IT!!!. Factory Motorola Rib go for about 250 around there, and the Cables, ummm, am not sure, but it will get around almost 1,000, but that is one time only, if you need to program other radios, just have to buy the software for that radio, and the cable and that is it.
USPSS

Post by USPSS »

They are telling me that the initial order needs to be 1000.00. I already have the cable and rib, just need the software. I will call and ask for a supervisor tomm.

Thanks
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

Hi:

If you desire to get the correct information
all you really have to do is call 1-800-422-4210.

1. Ask for the RSS License pacakge.

======>>> ITS FREE <<<========

And Motorola will foot the Postage Too !!
Part Number RPX-4719G

Once you have established a License Agreement
you then can order the appropriate RSS for the Radio you need.

If you desire, I have a complete Factory Series " E " ( the Latest ) Version Rib Box,
Factory Rib to Copmuter Cable, and a Factory
Power Supply for 235.00+8.00 for S & H.

All factory Brand New, never used.

You can " build " the Radio to Rib Cable for
less than 75.00, or sometimes you can find
Factory ones for in the area of 150.00

If you are planning to do Flash Upgrades, you
may consider a Smart Rib, but they run around
450.00 in the used market, and 650.00 for MSR.

So, I can set upi up with the hardware, but
you will have to get the Software from Motorola if you wish to be legal.

MS
USPSS

Post by USPSS »

For some reason they thought I wanted to become some sort of dealer, all I want to do is program the radios for the local PD and SO. Thanks and they are sending the ness. documents. Again thanks Stan

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”