HT1000 2.5mhz Bandwidth

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RadioMan1101

HT1000 2.5mhz Bandwidth

Post by RadioMan1101 »

Our PD has installed a repeater system and the frequencies are in the 2.5mhz bandwidth. M1225's program up fine but the HT1000's wont. I believe it's because of the version of RSS we have (2.00.00). It keeps wanting to "round off" when you try to enter 153.7925mhz. I guess my question is do we need to get a newer version of RSS?
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

A newer version RSS will be needed, but I'm also guessing that your radios are A or B version. They won't do the "splinter" 2.5KHz channels. Only C or D versions will. They will need to be upgraded to D version by changing the controllers out.

Latest HT1000 (I think) is 3.03.00

tpg
rrfd43
What radios do you own?: Cobra 25 LTD Classic with echo

Post by rrfd43 »

yes, as the Geek says...I had the same problem. I could only get the "D" versions to take this new channel. The "d" versions have a more selective rf end. There should be a thread on here about this same issue that I started some time ago. Nand gave the answer in tecnical terms. I was able to round up to the nearest freq. to use them to recieve and they work "OK".
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Do you guys know of a way to tell if the RF boards are 2.5 khz capable by looking at them. Other than a part #. I have a few and would like to find out.

mancow
rrfd43

Post by rrfd43 »

I can't help you there, maybe the Geek can. I am told just enough to be dangerous.....Not to give him a hard time (he was great) nand had a lot of info on these....
RadioMan1101

Post by RadioMan1101 »

Thanx, trying to decipher the model number info now. Most of the portables are newer but some are a little beat up and of course someone put the inventory tags over the model and serial number! Now, if I can only find my glasses!
rrfd43

Post by rrfd43 »

read em with rss and the model # will be at the top....

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”