MaxTrac Codeplug two part question...

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

I have a maxtrac that I think has a missing code plug. I'm not too familiar with it, but when I 'read' the codeplug, the lab software that i'm using will only allow me to change the timeout timer on the 'change/view codeplug' option. This leads me to my two part qeustion: 1) If the codeplug is lost, can someone e-mail me an 800 MHz trunking codeplug? 2) What kind of firmware changes need to be made after blanking the board to make it a conventional radio?
thank you,
scott...
Max-trac
Batboard $upporter

Post by Max-trac »

If you are converting a trunking maxtrac to conventional, you need to change the eprom.
eacradio

Post by eacradio »

If this is a trunking radio, then you need to change the software chip to a HLN5569A or equivlant to make it do conventional. Then after blanking the board, tell it what you want it to be.
Keep on talking
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

If you are looking for some of the PROMS for the non trunking radios, I have some laying around. Send me a message.

Jim

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”