R2600 disassembly

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

j-e-t-satx
New User

R2600 disassembly

Post by j-e-t-satx »

I have a R2600 service monitor that has, over time, become unusable due to the buttons on the front panel becoming sticky with all sorts of old debris. ( I have no idea what all it might have as this unit has been sitting for quite some time. The unit seems to work ok in all modes, but I really need to be able to get the front panel off so that I can clean up the buttons to make it fully functional again. Does anyone have a set of instructions for how to safely remove the front panel for this purpose? I have searched for a service manual, but I am not even certain that it would contain that sort of information.
I have removed all knobs, and even the retaining nuts around the potentiometers that protrude through the panel, but it still seems to be firmly attached somehow.
Any help would be greatly appreciated ....

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”