Waris Firmware Upgrade and Tuning

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Flatbush97

Waris Firmware Upgrade and Tuning

Post by Flatbush97 »

All,
Sorry if this is a silly question. If I were to upgrade the firmware on a CDM radio (current firmware over 10 years old) will the radio have to be retuned? Obviously the prefered answer would always be to retune the radio but I am not a radio tech so would rather avoid if possible. If the tuning settings are wiped, would saving the values down prior to flashing the radio and reverting those values after the upgrade be sufficent?
Thanks in advance.
JPOPatents

Re: Waris Firmware Upgrade and Tuning

Post by JPOPatents »

The answer is no, a firmware upgrade to a Waris radio will not change the information in the tuning partition. As a suggestion, however, read the radio and save the codeplug before making any changes. Also, read and save the tuning information with tuner. You never know when you might need them.
-John
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

as stated firmware upgrade will not change tuning but it's always good to read the tuning and save that data. I have been suggesting to everyone that's changing their freq's to narrow to have it tuned tho just to be safe. And it would be good to update firmware that old
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Flatbush97

Post by Flatbush97 »

Thanks all

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”