Bad squeal on Minitor V after narrowband

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rescuer
What radios do you own?: APX7000, XPR7550, PR400

Bad squeal on Minitor V after narrowband

Post by rescuer »

Hello all,

After narrowbanding approximately 50 Minitor V's the last few weeks, had one member ask a question the other night. He said whatever I done to his pager he can barely hear anymore. Not believing him, I swapped out with him and sure enough, there is a terrible squealling whenever the pager is receiving. It almost totally mutes the voice due to the squealling. I reprogrammed the pager for wideband (only option I changed) and it goes away. No other pager has exhibited this same condition, in fact, no one has even said they can tell a difference. This is a 2 channel pager and the second frequency seems unaffected (wide or narrow). Any ideas where to start other than ship it back to Motorola?

Thanks!
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Re: Bad squeal on Minitor V after narrowband

Post by fire_master_21 »

I had 2 do the same thing. Send back to Motorola under the flat rate $78 bucks and you get back a new pager with the same serail number you sent in. Doing this saves a lot of headaches.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
tvsjr

Re: Bad squeal on Minitor V after narrowband

Post by tvsjr »

I have several doing the same thing as well, including mine... Moto denies a problem, but they magically don't seem to have the problem once they get flat-rated and swapped. Funny how that happens.

How I wish Kenwood would build a pager (not a radio - they aren't the same thing) to compete with the M5.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”