Setting AGC on/off & adjusting mike gain on XPR4550/6550.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Setting AGC on/off & adjusting mike gain on XPR4550/6550.

Post by N4KVE »

I feel silly asking for help, but I can't find the window to turn the AGC on/off, or adjust the mike gain. My FW is 1.09.10, & CPS is 7.6. Up until a few months ago I was trying to adjust the gain for optimal TX quality. I had to give up for trbo, & just let the AGC do it's thing, but I preferred no AGC in analog. All was well with the hand mike, but I got a desk mike, & I need to reduce the gain more. I turned down the gain on the back of the mike, but need to go more. In the past I adjusted the mike settings in the general settings section, but it now only shows radio name, hot mike source, or alerts. I might have done this [I don't remember] in accessories, but it shows handset, rx audio type, or GPIO physical pins. So where do I find the screen for AGC on/off, & mike gain. Thanks. GARY
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Re: Setting AGC on/off & adjusting mike gain on XPR4550/6550

Post by KG4INW »

On a codeplug I have here, the check boxes to turn them on or off are in the General Settings panel, under Microphone. To adjust the gain levels, those controls are on the accessories panel.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I'm in the general setting page & the only mic setting is a box to check called hot mike source which has something to do with an emergency. And in accessory, just rx audio type, & GPIO physical pins. Both of these are in the top window. In both General settings, & accessories, the bottom window is empty. I do remember I used to make these adjustments here, but for the last few months, the AGC on/off & mic gain have vanished. Otherwise, I'm able to enter freq's, names, read & write to 3 radios, & anything else I need to do. I even looked in a few sample codeplugs that came with the CPS, & there are no screens to adjust mic gain, or AGC on/off. Is there any way to bring these screens back? GARY
KG4INW

Post by KG4INW »

Do you have Expert mode enabled (View -> Expert)? That's the only thing I can think of that would make controls disappear if set to Basic. Perhaps you accidentally changed it some time?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

KG4INW wrote:Do you have Expert mode enabled (View -> Expert)? That's the only thing I can think of that would make controls disappear if set to Basic. Perhaps you accidentally changed it some time?
+1 for this. You likely updated your CPS recently...it defaults to "basic" view.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

That was it. The settings are back. I don't know why that changed, but all is well now. Thanks so much. GARY
KG4INW

Post by KG4INW »

Good to hear. There are several CPS packages for different lines now that have Expert mode and it took me a little while to remember to switch to it whenever I updated.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”