Motorola R2001D/HS/220V Firmware.

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OZ99DW
New User

Motorola R2001D/HS/220V Firmware.

Post by OZ99DW »

Hello everyone.
I'm new here.
I recently bought a Motorola R2002D/HS/220V in mint condition, it is one of five who Storno / Motorola Copenhagen systems department bought as an experiment.
Standard in the workshops in Denmark at Storno / Motorola was usually Schlumberger Stabilock series test set and Marconi 29xx series test set.
Therefore, they tried as an attempt to introduce Motorola R20xx series. but without success.

There has been built a hour meter into the test set and it shows how many hours it has been in use. When I received my test set showed the counter 22 hours so it is almost unused.
Sadly I did not get a manul with when I bought it.

Now my questions.

1: Is it possible to update the firmware?
My test set does not have all the fine sub-menus for special functions, it is only possible to enter them directly into the keyboard.

2: Is there someone who has a picture of the canvas carry bag? and where to buy it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
Daniel Wahl
OZ99DW
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: Motorola R2001D/HS/220V Firmware.

Post by DJP126 »

Hello Daniel, welcome to Batlabs. The R2000D series special functions are ONLY entered via the keypad. They quit building the 2000 series back in the 90's so you probably won't be able to update the firmware. Enjoy your new unit and if you have questions, just ask. I used to work at Motorola's test equipment depot in Schaumburg, IL.
Dave
OZ99DW
New User

Post by OZ99DW »

Thanks for reply Dave.

The submenus I think of can be seen in this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgamj53ga13e5 ... ubmenu.jpg

How do you get them up?

Daniel Wahl
OZ99DW
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

To access the special functions, press both cursor keys on the keypad at the same time, then enter the function you want.
Dave
OZ99DW
New User

Post by OZ99DW »

I know the function.

But my problem is that only comes an input field up.
What I could read me to it because of an early version firmware.

Daniel Wahl
OZ99DW

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”