Motorola Command Star console

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firedog359
What radios do you own?: MA/COM KMC-300,ICOM F50V

Motorola Command Star console

Post by firedog359 »

Hello all,My hobby is collecting vintage/older dispatch consoles and I ran across a nice Motorola Command Star.The seller advertised it as a Command Star and not as a Command Star Lite.I don't know anything about this item and I'm hoping someone can tell me about it. Is this a stand alone like the Command Plus or does it require additional equipment like the Centracom? Right now I have a Command Plus set up running an old MaxTrac but I would really like to set this Command Star up.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
d119

Re: Motorola Command Star console

Post by d119 »

CommandStar = requires back-end equipment (CES, DAP's, etc.)

CommandStar Lite = fully self-contained, but still has option boards that go inside that determine what it's capable of.

Not all CommandStar and CommandStar Lite consoles have the same configuration, it depends on which boards are in them. But the CommandStar DOES require back-end equipment, CommandStar Lite does not.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”