Q667 ADP Encryption software DSP Based

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ve5wil
New User

Q667 ADP Encryption software DSP Based

Post by ve5wil »

Before I brick my xts5000...

I gather this does mean , if I enable secure options in my cps ( yes I have q667 in my flash ), I can do encrypted without a encryption board and without bricking my radio.

Thanks still new to xts radios and newer to encryption

Wil
wa6ylb

Re: Q667 ADP Encryption software DSP Based

Post by wa6ylb »

Yes. You can use the software encryption in your radio, without bricking it. You have to select the software ADP. You don't have to have a hardware board in your radio to use Software ADP.

Navigate to:
"Radio Configuration" then Secure, then Secure Configuration. Check box the "Secure Equipped" then under Secure Type, click on Advanced Digital Privacy (this is the software Q667)

in the Advanced tab of "secure communications", uncheck TX Clear Alert Tones, Otherwise the radio will beep on initial TX every time telling you that your not transmitting in encrypted mode while in P25 transmit mode.

Then also be aware that if you don't click on "ignore Sec/Clr switch when strapped", your radio will go from analog mode transmit to secure P25 transmit mode, if you have a clear/secure switch, such as the A-B-C switch so defined, and its switched to encryption on position.

Remember that any encryption in your XTS5000 is only used in Astro transmit mode.

Then go to the Secure Multikey list, and open it by clicking on any of the 8 keys.
You can change the KEY name to something that may mean something to you, such as "encrypted". Then enter 10 numberical digits as the ADP encryption code.
Go ahead and enter 0123456789 in all the rest of the codes not used. I have seen really wierd stuff happen if the other keys haven't been filled. Once I started filling all 8 keys while programming the radios, the radio calmed down.

You enable the use of ADP encryption in the Conventional Personality section. Find the personality that you want to add encryption to. Make sure this personality (in TX Options) has the TX type as ASTRO.
Under the Secure tab, you have to declare (Secure/Clear Strapping if your going to not use encryption (Clear), always use encryption (Secure), or have the operator be able to turn it on or off (Select). If select is used, you will need either buttons or a menu item to turn this on/off.
In the next tab of the personality Secure II , under "Voice" you tell this personality to use a Strapped key (and then which one of the 8 keys) , or if you want the operator to select a key, with a preloaded key to use. If selectable, you need to also fix up a menu to select a key (I believe this is KEY in the menu).
Then make sure that all of your radios have been setup, and the keys match.
One thought - if the radio hears any of the 8 keys as defined in your radio, it will decode them as well.
Enjoy.
B.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”