CDM1550LS+ firmware update failure

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

donald.parker79
New User

CDM1550LS+ firmware update failure

Post by donald.parker79 »

Hello Everyone.

This is my first post in this forum. I've been looking for information to help me figure out where I'm going wrong with updating firmware on my CDM1550LS+ radios. I have 4 of them. 2 VHF's and 2 UHF's.
I use 2 in my vehicle, and 2 in my shack for Amateur Radio use.

I have a RIB, the flashing adapter and the proper cable for the radio and RIB. I get an error message saying something to the effect of Microsoft C++ error.

I've been using these CDM radios for years. I think they're great radios. Each of my radios have different firmware versions, and I'd like to update them to the latest firmware. People will ask why. I want to update because I like the idea of having the latest software on my equipment.

Also, one of my UHF radios, and one of my VHF radios have an issue with the screen flashing on and off as if power is being turned on and off. I'm hoping a firmware update may fix this issue. Both have been randomly doing this for a long time. it's not a constant issue, but once in a while it occurs.

I cannot find any information related to either issue. I'm hoping someone has knowledge of a fix.

Thanks All
Don

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”