OT Kenwood TK730 Programming Issue

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NodrogCop
Batboard $upporter

OT Kenwood TK730 Programming Issue

Post by NodrogCop »

Hi all - a quick TK730 problem:

I am having problems with my 730 taking 158.805. The software takes it, but I also get a continuous tone when I turn to the channel on my radio. It's a key side channel around here, and I would like to get it fixed.

The radio was gotten from eBay and was one of the Canadian narrow/wide band ones that are currently selling. Other than the above problem, I'm thrilled with the radio.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Gordon
If all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
J.Sanor
What radios do you own?: Twin-V and an HT200

Post by J.Sanor »

The low split 730's will do 136 to 156, no more, no less.
NodrogCop
Batboard $upporter

Post by NodrogCop »

But I've got other 158 and 159 mhz tx channels in it, and they work without a problem.

That's why I'm confused. It's a simplex channel, if that might make any difference. The PL is the same as the other 15 channels in it's zone.

Gordon
If all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
n9upc

Post by n9upc »

I ran into this problem before and I found out that I had to use the codeplug that was in the radio for the original programming and then I was able to over come the issue.

For some reason just building your own codeplug and programming it into the radio caused some problems. Also check the radio by programming the radio with 0 instead of 5 and see if it takes it and acts funny then. If it stills does then I may venture to say that the radio may have issues with that channel position.
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”