GP380 programming problems

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

I82

GP380 programming problems

Post by I82 »

Hi everybody,

i can't programm my GP380, because the CPS 03.02.01 don't recognise my radio :-((

It displays the following message when i try to read the device :

"Couldn't open port. Check whether Device/RIB are powered on or not, and the device to rib, and the rib to pc connection is ok."

rib is ok, i programmed GP300 without problem.

How to solve the problem??

Thanks for your help.

regards,

Jo
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

Have you used the right serial port?You can change it,when you use the left menue bar/programm radio.

Andreas
I82

Post by I82 »

Hallo Andreas,

I've tried with both ports, but no results. I fact, it looks like the same as if the radio is not connected at all. I made tests with ComTOOL, CPS 03.02, 06.00 and others versions... problem is still the same.

Any other idea?

Thanks,

Jo
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Could be a defect programming cable,or the contact field of the radio.
I had often problems with the contact field when the cover is not in it´s place.Sweat and water can damage the contact pads.

Andreas
I82

Post by I82 »

Well, so it could be the radio itself...

Do you have a solution to make the radio programmable again?

Regards,

Jo
RKG

Post by RKG »

"Could not open port" is almost certainly not the radio. Either the application is trying to address a non-existant port on the computer, or there is a defect in the RIB or cable.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Connect the RIB to COM1 and change to COM1 in the RSS.Try to program again,before you do something other.If it will not work,you can change
the cover and try it again.You can also use any Waris portable cover to test it.Look at the programmingcable too.
I think you have a defect programming cable,in the first place.The RIB
should be ok,if you can program GP300.

Andreas
I82

Post by I82 »

hello again,

RIB is ok, i programmed GP300 without problems. Maybe the cable... I will try with a friend's radio and keep you in touch.

Regards,

Jo
kurt

Post by kurt »

Hi,
Can you provide as with model number and version number which are in the back of the radio. there is a hope I can help.
Thanks! :wink: :wink: :wink:
I82

Post by I82 »

Hi everybody,

I'm still fighting with my GP380 programmation...

I tried many CPS, on many computers (desktop, laptop) and with 2 different radios. No result...

I always receive the same CPS'answer : "Couldn't open port. Check whether Device/RIB are powered on or not, and the device to rib, and the rib to pc connection is ok."

I noticed an error message when installing the CPS: "File fail to self-register : c:/winnt/system32/pvdt60.ocx". Does anybody know what that exactly mean??

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards,

I82
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Look at the radio´s contact field.Sometimes you can find some corrosion on the contacts.If the contacts are not looking good,change the frontcover and try to read the radio again.

Andreas
I82

Post by I82 »

Hi,

Thanks Andreas for your advice. But my radio looks like a new one, no marks, no corrosion. The radio should be in order, but... I can't programm it :cry:

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”