HT600 PROGRAMMING QUESTION

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

stevey

HT600 PROGRAMMING QUESTION

Post by stevey »

Howdy,
I'm trying to program a Ht6090 for the first time and have run into a bit of a snag.
I'm using rss version R02.03.01. The radio passes the comm test but a screen comes up saying version 7. That's as far as I get. Various serial bus errors appear if I try and program the radio. Does your rss have to match the current programmed version even in these old radios?
If any one has any ideas it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Steve :roll:
dfc2

ht600

Post by dfc2 »

you might be running too fast a computer. you need a slow one. 2 things I have seen is making sure your not in windows, boot in dos, and then use mo slo. even then I get problems with a 486/50 at times. you really need a 386 or slower if possible

Hope this helps.

DFC2
HOWARD

Post by HOWARD »

whats an ht-6090?
dfc2

ht690

Post by dfc2 »

well i took it as a typo (ht 600)

dfc2
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Re: ht600

Post by thebigphish »

dfc2 wrote:you might be running too fast a computer. you need a slow one. 2 things I have seen is making sure your not in windows, boot in dos, and then use mo slo. even then I get problems with a 486/50 at times. you really need a 386 or slower if possible

Hope this helps.

DFC2
reason you get problems even with that setup is the MOSLO part of your equation! that program is the devil.
stevey

Post by stevey »

Woops It was a typo. I did mean HT600.
I'll give it a try running in dos.
Thanks
Dkouz
Batboard $upporter

Post by Dkouz »

You should read this too if you haven't already: http://www.batlabs.net/newbie.html
DKouz
wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

Yep, you must be running DOS on a S L O W machine or you'll have problems. No running a DOS window in Windoze. And if that machine is much faster than a 486-25. it won't work either.

Good luck.
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”