Spectra A4 Zones?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb9mqu

Spectra A4 Zones?

Post by kb9mqu »

I'm new to Motorola radios so please forgive me if this is a silly question.

I might be purchasing a VHF A4 Spectra soon and need to know if it's zone-capable.

I heard that all A4 Spectras will do zones, but I also read that the MLM must be version 6 or better. Unfortunately the person selling the radio doesn't know the MLM version.

So, is it true that all A4 Spectras are zone capable? Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

No not all spectras are zone capable, they have to have a firmware newer than 5.1. It's easy to find out the firmware version- ask them to remove the top cover. there will be an alumiinum cover shaped like a funny looking T, pry that up and off and the MLM is underneath, and the version will be visible without removing anything else.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Checking the firmware is a 5 minute process, if you take your time. But I do beleive there is some truth to that statement you made. On the A4's for the most part if they had Zone capable Firmware.. they were capable of zones. Every A4 I have run across has been a Zonable radio.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I believe you do need v6.x firmware for most, if not all spectras in order to do zones. No spectra that I have had with less that 6.x firmware would do zones.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”