Bluetooth Speaker Microphone

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kennethlbryant

Bluetooth Speaker Microphone

Post by kennethlbryant »

Does anybody have any experience with the Bluetooth Speaker Mic for the Professional Series Radios (HT750/CDM750)?

How well does it work?

What kind of range do you get in feet from a mobile and from a portable?

Any practical advice you can give?

Is it worth the money?

Thanks,

Ken
KuhnElectronics
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE
What radios do you own?: Moto, Vertex

Post by KuhnElectronics »

I seen both models demo'd for the HT and the CDM and they worked pretty good...but things always work better doing a demo...

- Nick
Nick Kuhn - Communications Technician/Technical Manager
AMP Electronics - Chillicothe, OH
http://www.amp-electronics.net
kennethlbryant

Range

Post by kennethlbryant »

What kind of distance did you see demo'd?
kennethlbryant

Bluetooth Speaker Microphone Operating Difference

Post by kennethlbryant »

Just did some research, the literature says an operating range of 30ft depending on conditions. Does anybody have any experience with this?
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

That's the standard Bluetooth Class 3 distance.

I'd be interested to find out which Bluetooth profiles the thing implements, ie whether they use the standard headset profile or something Motorola proprietary.
kennethlbryant

Bluetooth Speaker Microphone Operating Distance

Post by kennethlbryant »

I just might try it, contact me in a month and I will let you know.

Debating about the expense over benefit, that is why I am looking for someone that has used it before.

Anybody out there?
copcarguy

Info

Post by copcarguy »

I had one. I got rid of it though. It did work, as for distance, I got about 100 feet. The audio was good, both rx and tx. Now for the problems. Whenever you turned the radio off then back on, it had to re-marry. It took between 20 seconds to a minute. For a police or fire application, getting out of your car, turning on your radio, talking to the subject, then getting back in your car and turning it off, using your mobile for a check, getting out of your car, turning your radio back on, talking to your subject, the radio would have to marry and re-marry several times. Your radio was almost un- useable. (taking a minute to marry). If you had to call for help while it was marring, your radio was useless. Same for a fire application. If you were just turning you radio on and leaving it on, maby at a ham swap, the thing would be fine and work great.

Problem #2- The thing would not allow your radio to scan. It freaked the radio out, lights would blink and audio would chop terribly.

The unit was also very heavy. Remember, the weight of the mic itself, plus 4 aa batteries in it . Weighted down your shirt terribly.

I guess it depends on you application. Hope this helps..
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

20 seconds? :o

Cellphones and headsets can do that in under 2 seconds.
Garyf629

Post by Garyf629 »

I will echo what was said above and add if you have any other bluetooth enabled devices (like a cell phone), near by, it gets confused.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

If that's the case, someone REALLY dropped the ball when they designed it.

Say goodbye to using it in a mall etc.
rfd326

Bluetooth with my MTX2000

Post by rfd326 »

OK, so I'm not getting the fancy-schmancy new radio with blue tooth built-in. What I want to do is use my Motorola HS850 with my MTS2000, via a poor-man's Bluetooth-to-non-Bluetooth-equipped-cell-phone interface (although the cost of these things really puts the "poor man" moniker in question).

I would imagine that with the addition of the correct 3.5mm plug, and the appropriate capacitors and resistors, it could be made to work with manual radio keying achieved through the BDN6676D that I already own.

(Version 2.0 will allow keying by depressing the multifuction button on the earpiece.)

Has anybody already beat me to the punch, and want to share from their successes and/or failures?

Scott
RFD326
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

You will not be able to key up the radio from your headset, as you would with the bluetooth speaker mic. You would have to key up from the radio.

All of the buttons on the HS820 (and probably therefore the HS850) have reserved functions for the headset. If you were to hold the handset button down for a few seconds while PTTing, for example, it would turn your heatset off.
afterimage84

Post by afterimage84 »

plus the mic is pretty big as well as heavy....like ex500 big...so why bother?
Suddenly You Were Gone

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”