HT1000 owners, feedback requested.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Osprey
What radios do you own?: Various Sabers

HT1000 owners, feedback requested.

Post by Osprey »

I'm thinking about getting an HT1000 for GMRS use. I'd like to ask owners of HT1000s a few questions first, though.

What do you have the A/B/C switch programmed to? I was thinking 4W/2W/1W, or different PL/DPL tones. If you can't assign more than one PL/DPL, can you do one of both?

What do you have your side buttons programmed to? I'd want one to open the squelch, at least. That still leaves two. MDC?

I searched around and found reference to turning the emergency button off. Is this reccomended? Does it cause any side effects?

How are yours configured? What works and what doesn't in your experience?

Thanks for the help.
KB1DRL

Post by KB1DRL »

I have an HT1000 UHF "B version" that I use for work. Top switch...A=Hi power, B=Low power, C=Scan... Emergency button is disabled...Side top=Disabled...Side Middle=disabled, Side Bottom=monitor
Last edited by KB1DRL on Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marty
Osprey
What radios do you own?: Various Sabers

Post by Osprey »

Thanks for the response.

Do you know if it's possible to set DPL and PL? Like, putting A as clear, B as PL, and C as DPL?
akardam

Post by akardam »

I've got my HT1000 setup like so:

A/B/C Switch: Talkaround/PL
A: PL/Repeat
B: CSQ/Repeat
C: CSQ/Direct

(Of course if you're on a simplex channel then B/C are identical.)

Side Buttons:
Top: Select
Middle: Scan & Scan Programming
Bottom: Monitor (open squelch w/ sticky)
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

A: Scan
B: ----
C: Scan program

Side buttons:
Top: Enter (for user programmable scan)
Middle: SingleTone encode
Bottom: Monitor
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

I have an HT1000 rev D.
I have my ABC switch set for:

A high power no scan
B low power (1 watt) no scan
C channel option power (set to high on all channels) with scan on

top button (green) set for nuisance delete
side button 1 set for MDC RAT
side button 2 set for monitor

orange button set for emergency call

did a quick check in ver 3 RSS and the choices for switch combinations don't have any selectable PL/DPL. If you want that, you'll have to move up to an A7 MT2000 with a firmware version that supports MPL from the keypad.

as far as the HT1000 goes it is a good solid radio, just be sure to shoot for a revision D (ie, model number H01RDC9AA3DN) The revision D's support narrowband, have alot of issues fixed (like noisy scratchy sound on TX, issues with shield, and the famous loose antenna connector).
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
RKG

Post by RKG »

A-B-C:
A = Repeat with scan
B = Repeat without scan
C = Direct

Green button: select (nuisance delete)
Upper black button: unprogrammed
Lower black button: unprogrammed

I do not recommend having scan program as a function on the A-B-C switch. You'd be surprised how many people have brought HT1000s to me with the complaint that the "radio won't work." Turns out they had scan program as one of the landings on the A-B-C switch, forgot about it because they never used it, inadvertently selected it, and, of course, found the radio wouldn't do anything while in scan program mode.
AEC
No Longer Registered

HT-1000 versions...

Post by AEC »

I noticed many post details on HOW they have this radio set up, but only a few mentioned the version of their radio, I'm sure many have the 'B' version which does not support advanced features like the 'D' version and this will lead others to assume thier 'B' version is capable of those features.

So PLEASE include your radio's version letter so as to make deciphering the option capability easier for all.

Thank you!

P.S. My radio is also a 'B' version, H01RDC9AA3BN.

A. High Power
B. Low power
C. Low Power

Side Buttons:

Top: Select

Center: Single Tone Encode #1

Bottom: Monitor

External mandown switch DISABLED

Permanent Monitor: ENABLED

Emergency Switch: ENABLED(MDC1200)

RSS used: R03.02.01
Will

Post by Will »

My trusty HT1000 UHF is pgmd with A, B=PL Disable, C=Talkarround.
There are may choices in the RSS for the switch congigurations.
The PL or DPL is set on a per channel basis. TX power is also set on a per channel basis along with channel spacing on the later models.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”