CDM1550 Dual Control Head Kit

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kccjs268

CDM1550 Dual Control Head Kit

Post by kccjs268 »

I must be blind or something, but I am having a heck of a time looking for someone that sells the CDM1550 Dual Control Head Kit. I have two of the CDM1550LS (UHF&VHF) and since I drive a jeep space is limited up front for the head unit. I'm hopping this is what I need to run two radios off of one head unit. If someone can point me to the right direction and give some insight that would be great. Again since space is limited I would rather not have both radios up front, and I'll still need room for the lovely lady sitting in the passenger seat.

This is my little problem of the week, I'm sure more are to come.
firegood

Post by firegood »

quick mount makes one that makes 2 control heads into one radio, dont know if they make one that goes the other way.

http://www.quickmount.com/quickmount/index.htm
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

Sorry bud, ain't happening...at least not yet.

I can suggest a good kenwood that will do that for you w/o too much trouble!!! :-)
afterimage84

Post by afterimage84 »

why couldn't one get an a/b data switch for the remote cables? run them both up to the switch and out to the head unit?
Suddenly You Were Gone
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

I don't think an A/B switch would properly terminate the non-functioning control head, and cause the radio to eiher crash (and require a reboot) or fry.

That being said, aside from the Kenwood that somebody mentioned, maybe a spectra with an SIU box isn't a bad choice. I think you can run two drawers on an HHCH with the SIU box, but I'm not sure. These items can all be had cheaply on ebay.

GE's ORION is also dual drawer capable.
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

GO with the Orions, spectra SUI is a monster to install and getting mighty old.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”