HT1000 programming TX and RX frequency Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

troymelina

HT1000 programming TX and RX frequency Question

Post by troymelina »

Hi I am for information on programming HT1000 radio frequencies. If I was to program the TX frequency to 155.520 what would be for the RX frequency? I have never programmed a radio before but I was just wondering how this works...Thanks
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

That all depends if you are working simplex,(direct) or through a repeater.

Transmit frequencies can be set up according to the system you use, there are band splits that use different frequencies for transmit and receive, and that's for use on a repater system.

Sysadmin or your area coordinator will have the proper ones for your use.

For ham, the VHF split is .6 Mhz. offset...meaning the transmit freq. is either above or below the receive frequency.
IE...146.880TX/146.280RX.

Taling direct you use the same frequency for both transmit and receive.
Plus whatever tone freq. you are using as well.

Check out everythign and if all is good, reprogram, you should be good to go.

73!

Enterprize....One to beam up!
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

Well, if it is a 'Simplex' (radio-to-radio) system, then you would enter in 155.520 in the RX field as well. Are you programming the radio yourself, or is someone elese doing it for you?
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

Sounds like you need to do a little more research before you even think about programming.
Will

Post by Will »

Now now, be nice, sometimes the Jedi RSS can be confusing. And Troy has been arround here for some time.
wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

The receive frequency you need to program is whatever the system uses to transmit. As said above, if it's a one freq simplex system, both RX and TX are the same. If it's a two freq simplex ssytem, you need to find out where the base transmits. And if it's a repeater, RX is the repeater output - the freq you'd plug into a scanner to listen to it.

Good luck.
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
troymelina

Thanks to all who replied

Post by troymelina »

Like I stated I have never programmed a Jedi radio before but I plan on doing so soon. I was just making sure that I do everything right. I don't want to make any errors. And I would be programming a simplex (direct) radio to radio with no repeater. Thanks everyone
afterimage84

Post by afterimage84 »

don't forget PL, DPL, csq
Suddenly You Were Gone

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”