Can you connect 2 CDM-750s to make a repeater?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Skooter92

Can you connect 2 CDM-750s to make a repeater?

Post by Skooter92 »

Have a buttload of UHF CDM-750s on the shelf, and I was wondering if I could pair them up as repeaters. Otherwise, time to sell them. Anyone can help, much appreciated.
Skoot.
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Post by fire_master_21 »

yes you can. you will need the cables and a rick. If you do a search on this board you will find out what you need to do.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

you will also need a duplexer and antennae or two separate antennaes
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Here's some info to help you with the hook-up. It's really quite simple.

http://www.storm.ca/~nand/990/RICK/rptr.pdf

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Moto made a low band repeater using CDM750s, don't know if they still do and I can't remember the model at the moment. I set one up a few years back, it was pretty much just a rack with the radios, power supply and a RICK.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

They can be had through Motorola in any band:

http://www.motorola.com/governmentanden ... i/id_1337i
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

ah yes the CDR700...runs well and seems to do the job. Take me back the GR300 series......Do they look alike?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”