Ebay and a Warning about having Accounts!

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Ebay and a Warning about having Accounts!

Post by kb0nly »

I woke up this morning to find my account suspended, along with my wife's account as well.

According to ebay they suspended our accounts because it was suspicious that there was two accounts registered to the same address and being used to bid on other sellers auctions, though the names of the account owners were different.

My account:

kb0nly 100% positive feedback, 269.

My wife's account:

Proud_momma1 100% positive feedback, 40.

I contacted them via email and also dug up a customer service phone number that i had saved from a previous problem with them. They told me that due to suspicious activity our accounts were suspended for a period of 7 days while they investigate.

I asked what the activity was. According to them me and my wife bid on an item for sale by another seller a while back and they suspected Shill Bidding. Whoa.. Back up a minute. If someone is selling something on ebay and we both placed a bid trying to get it then how does that make it Shill Bidding? Now if the seller was someone else in the household, or a family member, ok i understand, but this was a totally random seller in another state that neither of us know at all, other than their feedback that is!

So now i have to wait a week before i can do anything more. They cancelled my auctions, cancelled my bids, and just generally pissed me off.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I know this forum is under the "off topic" section of the board, but that only covers the specific computer/technical assistance questions in this forum.

I'm sorry to hear of your ebay troubles Scott, but I really don't see how your post relates to anything computer/technical related for this forum. It's not within the scope of the board to discuss personal ebay issues in any of the forums. As such, it gets the lock.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”