MTSX Convert-a-com

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kd5bff

MTSX Convert-a-com

Post by kd5bff »

I have recently aquired a MTSX convert-a-com and wanting to find some info out on it. What is the data plug for and what can you use with it (TNC)? Is there any programming that needs to be done with the control unit. I read one post that said that the Control unit had to be the right band spread for the radio going into it. My C/U Model # N1671B Option H34AA. The other number on it says NTN1323B. When I had this hooked up for a test run I got about 25W out of it. Any help would be great.
Chris Bradshaw
KD5BFF
kd5bff

Help Please

Post by kd5bff »

Come on now. 48 People have viewed my post. Someone has to know something about a MTSX convert-a-com. Please someone help me out
Chris Bradshaw
KD5BFF
1 Adam 12
sk

MTSX

Post by 1 Adam 12 »

Ok, the unit consists of a the cradle and a controller along with cables
mike, etc. There are several versions of the controller. There is a non-amplified non band specific controller. ( This would allow for mutiple radios VHF-UHF 800 Etc to be run from the unit , either using a triband or dual band or switchable antenna) Then there are amplified versions in VHF-UHF and 800 & 900MHZ. These are band specific... however you can bypass them and use another band radio by running the antenna straight to the cradle rather than thru the controller . However realize that with the basic or the bypass method you are dealing with portable radio power output... ie 5watts vhf versus amplified 40watts etc.
If i missed or made a mistake on some part hopefully someone will chime in.
The example I had installed was a basic with an dual band amateur amp added after the controller. Really never did much with these. 8)
Last edited by 1 Adam 12 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
fineshot1

Re: MTSX Convert-a-com

Post by fineshot1 »

kd5bff wrote:I have recently aquired a MTSX convert-a-com and wanting to find some info out on it. What is the data plug for and what can you use with it (TNC)? Is there any programming that needs to be done with the control unit. I read one post that said that the Control unit had to be the right band spread for the radio going into it. My C/U Model # N1671B Option H34AA. The other number on it says NTN1323B. When I had this hooked up for a test run I got about 25W out of it. Any help would be great.
----------

Try below for info at this site. Scroll down to " MTSX MVA ". I know there are different kinds of control units - some for specific RF bands and some that only supply power to the cradle. I do not think there is any programming for the cradle or control unit but I could be wrong. It could be that that dataplug is used for programming the portable while its plugged into the cradle. Thats about all I know. Good luck......Dan

http://www.batlabs.com/mtsx.html
fineshot1
NJ USA

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”