Saber cups for the BATTERY MAINTENANCE SYSTEM?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Grog
On Moderation

Saber cups for the BATTERY MAINTENANCE SYSTEM?

Post by Grog »

Does anyone know why there are so many part numbers for the Saber cups to fit the BATTERY MAINTENANCE SYSTEM?

I have access to one at work, and would possably be able to use it for my personal Saber. I need to double check which one it is, as all I know is that it is a three position currently set up for the Jedi series batteries.

Thanks for any help you can give.....
1 Adam 12
sk

Sabers cups

Post by 1 Adam 12 »

There are ones that work with just Nicads and another that is rated for NiCad, Nimh ....... etc. ALso there is Saber and Saber R....and they also often double list System Saber or Astro Saber even though its the same category.
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

OK, Thanks. I'll have to see which charger it is for sure, and I'll dig around in the cup part numbers a little more.

Anyone know about how much the cup will run?
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

The WPPN4087AR (NiCd & NiMH) adaptor is $89.25 user price from Motorola.
Dave
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

I found TDN9450A for the BATTERY MAINTENANCE SYSTEMPLUS (BMSPLUS) NiCd Adapter, 7.5V.

Besides the NiCad/NIMH, would that be what I need for using a Nicad battery on that charger?

$26 looks a lot better that $89.25 :D
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

The TDN9450A is for NICAD ONLY, currently available & in stock. The $26 price you quoted is correct.
Dave
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

Thanks. I looked at the unit last night, and it's marked as NIcad only, but the book has a suppliment for the Nimh batteries as well.

If I go that route, I'd just get the nicad adpator and use NIcads. If I really wanted to sink some serious money, I'd go with the impress setup.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”