CF-27 EA6GCAM Sound Driver????

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

CF-27 EA6GCAM Sound Driver????

Post by kb0nly »

Anyone know of a WORKING sound driver for this Toughbook? I downloaded the one from the Panasonic support website for windows 95 hoping to use it with Windows 98SE, since they say the laptop is upgradeable to 98SE, and of course no dice.

Well, it was worth a shot since most 95 drivers will also work on 98 and 98SE. But not always.

I searched the web high and low, tried about a half dozen different drivers and still no good. Crashed windows a couple times, reinstalled a couple times, and it still won't recognize the Panasonic provided drivers as matching the installed hardware.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
firegood

Post by firegood »

you tried drivers.com yet? other that that call panasonic....
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

Yep, tried all the usual drivers websites.

I called Panasonic and they told me "the driver is available for download on the support website", but i downloaded that one and tried it, doesn't work. Windows just says the driver doesn't match the hardware, can't even force it to install, etc.. Real big pain in the butt. I have had driver problems before, on a daily basis with customers, but nothing like this.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

Finally got it. I used a Yamaha DS-XG driver for a Dell laptop that i was able to find online. Worked first try..

Now to burn a CD and label it Toughbook.. LOL

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”