Axim X51V

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Axim X51V

Post by JAYMZ »

Anyone have the installation drivers for this?

I called Dell to get them, and they will send them to me. In 7-10 days. Bummer. So I asked if they were available on the net at all, and the tech support guys response (on a taped line no less). "Find someone with a CD and ask them to copy it for you."

So there ya have it!! Anyone have somethin to help a brotha out? Leaving for Tampa Monday afternoon and wouldn't mind taking this with me to be able to navigate. Since of course I already wiped out my old PDA like a putz.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

:

Post by Jim2121 »

This is a longshot.... I have two Dell notebooks. 5150 & 2200.

I don't have your service tag, express tag, whatever

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn if this page loads: enter your Service Tag. go to Drivers & downloads, soon as I entered my info. there they were to download !!!!! good luck.... I got the above info from Dell Hardware via phone...

Post by JAYMZ »

Yeah I spent the time with them on the phone and get the info above. When I put in the service tag all I get is a driver for the bluetooth keyboard (which I have the CD for. nifty device too) and updates for the VGA screen and the Navtech Bluetooth GPS. That's it. Nothing else.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Just to serve as an update... Microsoft ActiveSync 4.1 comes with the drivers to allow the X51V to work and be synced. Tried that on a hunch and presto. It works.
JAYMZ

Calvin

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”