GTX LTR "Channels"... Where are the number/frequen

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jonathan KC8RYW

GTX LTR "Channels"... Where are the number/frequen

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

The GTX stores LTR channels using channel numbers. Where does it store these in the software? I want to hack these lists to a 25 MHz split, for a 33cm LTR system.

Anyone know?
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover
Jonathan KC8RYW

Looking for hints or pointers or something.

Anything.
73 DE KC8RYW
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

It would be my guess that they aren't stored in the code plug at all, rather in the radio's firmware... Much the same as in an 800MHz trunking radio has the FCC channel number and It's frequency in the firmware.
Jonathan KC8RYW

I was afraid someone would say that.
73 DE KC8RYW
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

bellersley wrote:It would be my guess that they aren't stored in the code plug at all, rather in the radio's firmware... Much the same as in an 800MHz trunking radio has the FCC channel number and It's frequency in the firmware.
Not only that, but the channel data on the conventional side is only represented by channel numbers, 1-10 as well.

Too bad that radio model does not allow frequencies to show instead of channel numbers, far simpler in the conventional world when you need a cheat sheet to remember the actual freq. instead of a channel number.

But then again, many 33 CM repeaters out here are under frequency reuse so many of the systems in CA. are the same as in AZ, PLs included, which is pretty cool to not have to reprogram only to change the tones.

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”