AVA-SVA????

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KG4OUJ

AVA-SVA????

Post by KG4OUJ »

I currently have a standard SVA installed in my Fire/Rescue truck. We are going to Astro Sabers for our department and my question is; can I just remove the SVA and install the AVA using the same wiring, speaker and mic that are there for the Saber? Is that possible or do I need to run different wiring for the AVA?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ed
1 Adam 12
sk

AVA

Post by 1 Adam 12 »

If you mean you have the standard Saber unit and are switching to Astro Saber, then yes... but the Saber display mike will not work with the Astro set-up. If its' a standard mike, yes it will work. Bracket, power, and speaker connections are all the same.
KG4OUJ

SVA to AVA

Post by KG4OUJ »

Thanks for the reply! I thought that they were the same but it always helps to speak to someone that has the knowledge about the subject. I appreciate your help!

Best Regards,

Ed

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”