CAD question

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hfd921

CAD question

Post by hfd921 »

not familiar with CAD for fire department use, are the computer systems off a radio frequency? my area uses 800mhz i see older computers in used from motorola such as the mdt-1100 and similar units. was curious how the system works is it internet wirelss or are these systems off radio frequencies.

wanted to put CAD in my vehicle i can get the software for my laptop and just need toknow if with the laptops do they use radio frequencies on the CAD i know they use wireless cellular wireless for the MDT for license plate searches and such by police.

if some one could inlighten me on this i apprecitate it. :o
wmerch80
What radios do you own?: HT-1000, MT-2000, XTS5000

Post by wmerch80 »

What you need to do is talk to the IT person that manages your CAD system. What you want to do requires the system to have a mobile switch. If other units are already running this setup then it is more than likely installed.

Basically what you would be doing is using a VPN (virtual private network) to tunnel into that network and access the CAD server through that connection. Like I said though you need to talk with the CAD administrator first before goingany further. They may or may not even require a secure connection sometimes its done by IP addresses only.
Willie | w3iou

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”