what console to use in 97 Tahoe

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WB4JGI
was whitstu

what console to use in 97 Tahoe

Post by WB4JGI »

What console do you guys recommend for a 97 Tahoe? The one I have now just isn't cutting it. I was looking at a ProCopper 1050S. Any suggestions are welcome.
Stu
gws
Batboard $upporter

Post by gws »

What is the seat configuration? The pro-copper would be tight unless your removing the center console. How much and what gear you plan on installing?
Gary N8EMR
WB4JGI
was whitstu

Post by WB4JGI »

I will be removing the factory center console. The seat config is 2 captain seats in front and a 60/40 bench seat in the rear. And in the new console will have Motorola Spectra remote mount heads A9, A4, C5 or C7, possibly a A7 for a lowband Maratrac.
Stu
WB4JGI
was whitstu

Post by WB4JGI »

I think I may try a Gambler Johnson MCS-EPIC17TAH-L. Does anyone think I put a Jedi vehicular charger in there as well as a A9, A4, C5, and possibly an A7 Maratrac.
Stu
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I have a full size Gamber Johnson console with a center mounted laptop. I have a Whelen MPC01, 2 W9's, DEK and the storage pocket in there. I think an AVA would have fit in there I took out the dek and storage, but I never tried. Code3 has it now. I don't know about the Jedi charger though.

Mine was older console (top mounted screws) that I picked up from a board memeber to replace my 14" Gamber console.

I also use the 26? inch top plate, and that will mount just about everything on it.

This is in my 97 burb.

Troy and Jotto also makes some nice consoles, but I don't know if they are available as we are now on the 2nd different body style for these vehicles.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

BTW: If you are looking to put a console in, I am taking my full console and laptop mount out shortly. If your interested, PM me.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

Who needs a console, much cheaper without and you are no constraints

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”