Looking for vRCH

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mitsiboy

Looking for vRCH

Post by Mitsiboy »

I have tried searching all over for the software. I called Moto and they don't even have a copy anymore. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of knows where I can download it. Thanks alot
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

OHHHHHH !!!!! EXTREMELY GREY AREA POST !!!

Pls see rules concerning software requests.
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !
Mitsiboy

Post by Mitsiboy »

Well, I figured if M doesn't have it, or sell it, anymore then I was not sure how to get a hold of it.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Unfortunately, as phrawg pointed out, this is a grey area topic, and has been debated at some length by the local amateur lawyers.

Motorola did, at one time, offer the program for free public download off of their web site, however, they have subsequently removed it.

Even though it was freely distributed at one time, the EULA contains an explicit prohibition against unuathorized distribution.

As the copyright holder, Motorola has the right to distribute it, or not, as they see fit.

As a result, the consensus of the Board's management was that, unless someone can get official permission from someone at Motorola, requesting VRCH on the board will have to be off-limits, just like any of their other copyrighted software titles.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”