MT1000 WITH RF BOARD DRILLED OUT - FIXABLE?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firemedic709

MT1000 WITH RF BOARD DRILLED OUT - FIXABLE?

Post by firemedic709 »

I have found some MT1000 99 channel radios with the RF board drilled out. My first question is why someone would drill the RF board? My next question is how much of a pain would it be to get one of the radios working? Can I buy an RF board somewhere? If you can't tell, I'm new to radio mods and will probably get in over my head.
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

I would think you could grab another cheapo RF board and just replace it. I wonder, are they RF boards the same for the MT1000 and HT600 / P200 series? If so, even easier.

But, what about the controller? Did they drill through that too?

If you have a line on some of these at a good price I would be interested for the 99 channel top parts.

I have a couple of lowband units and I would like to increase the channel capacity.
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

I would be interested also.
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

drilling to kill...

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Putting a large diameter drill bit through a radio from
the outside is the government's (usually military) way
of insuring that no one will ever be able to use the
radio as a radio again. It's obviously one of the dumbest
actions they could take but they think it's a good idea.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

The military does it that way because its fast and easy. The guys given the task are told. " just do what ever it takes"
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

/\/\otorola also do similar thing although the last time was just hit the radios with a hammer.
When we did a trade in to digital they came on site and smashed the old radios and threw them in the skip.
If you had hundreds of radios then a drill would make sense as it is quick and easy.
Motorola is in the biz of new equipment and don't want second hand products on the market.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”