XTVA Problem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Whatever1

XTVA Problem

Post by Whatever1 »

Hello,
I am trying to use an XTVA (with an XTS5000 in a bag with a 12volt / 12 amp power supply. When I key the radio I get all sorts of feedback and the radio locks up. If I use a much bigger power supply (40 amp)everything works like it should.
Are there any settings I am missing anywhere ( HHCH) ????
Thanks
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

one of 2 things. If you have an amp behind that unit the 12 amp is
probably not supplying enough current and causing problems
or, the rf is getting into the 12 amp unit and causing it to mis
regulate and cause problems and the 40 amp is more immune
to the rf. Phrawg
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !
misawatech

Post by misawatech »

If i'm not mistaken the XTVA comes with a 15 amp fuse in the power cables. While the unit may not pull that much, don't have the specs in front of me, you should be suppling at least that much with your supply.

The other thing to check, and this is probably not causing this problem, it that you have the rf adapter attached to your portable antenna. This disconnects the normal antenna and routes power out to the mobile antenna. If there is no mobile antenna installed then you wouldn't need this.
DES-AJ
What radios do you own?: Too many...

Post by DES-AJ »

I've got the same issue, try turning the XTS to Low power mode via the menu :wink: It works... Sometimes mine works on high power, sometimes it doesn't... I've hooked up a multimeter to the PSU and depending on how warmed up the PSU is it will work... Use it with the higher amp PSU and you should be fine.
AES AND DES ARE NOT CCI's - YOU CAN EXPORT THEM IF YOU WANT - Wassenaar Arrangement

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”