Astro Spectra W9 "home" button programming?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jv

Astro Spectra W9 "home" button programming?

Post by jv »

Recently acquired a used Astro Spectra, a T04JKH9PW9AN. It has a HCN1078D Systems 9000 W9 control head (mic plugs in backside next to control cable, has on/off slide switch on right corner of bottom surface). I have "lunchtime access" to RVN-4183M CPS and a RIB and programming cables at work, so started building a code plug for my new toy.

There is no physical, non-programmable "Home" button (like, for instance, the "DIM" button) on the control head nor does it appear as a pulldown menu option for any of the programmable buttons in the CPS. Along with some other questions I posted in another forum here at batlabs, a poster there told me that the "Home" button is not user-programmable. But a couple other non-programmable buttons, like "RCL" and "DEL" and "DIM" are at least displayed in the CPS' GUI window as non-programmable buttons. "Home" is not. So I'm wondering, how do I get a "Home" functionality?

The biggest reason that I want it is, as far as I know, when making a private call, depressing the "home" button terminates private call (I thought that maybe the "call" button might have a short/long toggle like emergency does, in order to cancel the private call, but unless I hosed something up in programming, pressing the "call" button does not; all that does is prompt for the UID of a second radio with which to place another private call, while apparently remaining in private call operation).

So right now, I kill private calls by toggling to a different zone then back. In some cases, this puts the radio on a different mode when returning to the original zone, if you're on a mode whose number assignment in its zone is greater than the total number of modes in the zone to which you intermittently toggle. So this is not an optimal way to terminate a private call.

That all said, then, does anyone know how to make a "Home" button magically appear, as either a non-programmable "fixed" button, or appear in the programmable soft-key options lists, in the CPS? Is there another obscure option that I should have enabled on some other tab in the CPS someplace? Or is there some secret combination of button keystrokes that I should be pushing to terminate a private call?

thanx
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

The only two buttons that can be programmed for "Home" or "Sel" are the two directly beside the "Volume" rocker. They can be programmed for other modes as well, but if you want a "Home" button, these are your only choices.

I wish that any button could be programmed as "Home" or "Sel"... :evil:
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
jv

Post by jv »

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

Return to “Radio Programming”