Minitor Tone Sensivity and Bandsplit Question

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mg3610

Minitor Tone Sensivity and Bandsplit Question

Post by mg3610 »

Our FD's are expierencing continuous pager sensivity issues since we switched to a new frequency a little over a year ago.

We are operating on a 12.5 frequency with 2575, 1130 and 832.5 pager tones. To my knowledge these are Plectron tone format, however the pager programming software rounds them slightly when you select this format. If you select "user" they round way off. The MIII and IV pagers will not accept the exact frequency. I have to round them to make it work. I was told by the radio shop to round up to the nearest frequency, but this gets us a few points closer to an another county nearby, causing alot of interference. With the freq of the channel and the tones a bit off, there are a few pagers that dont seem to always activate. I'm stumped.

I have heard you can make or obtain a program that will "force" the correct freqnency into the pagers, our radio shop does this. The issue is, if any other programming is needed, the motorola program will require you to correct the freqnency, as it doesnt allow the 12.5 spacing. Ugh!!

Any ideas?

Also, can anyone direct me to a better explanation of the alerting options (R168, R97 etc) The help menu ion the software is not too helpful for the explanations.
mg3610

Re: Minitor Tone Sensivity and Bandsplit Question

Post by mg3610 »

Just posting again to see if anyone has some feedback for these dusty, old, unanswered questions.

Thanks!

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”