Which T3011 do I have?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Napalm

Which T3011 do I have?

Post by Napalm »

Carrying on from my thread in the For Sale section, I thought it best to ask the Q here:
I have a T3011 which is in a BX case but it says CX in black pen next to it.

The Firmware chip U103 on the board is a replacement and says
TVN6150A
DES-XL ASN

So - question is twofold: Is this upgradable to DX? If so does anyone have the required chips?
---

I checked on eBay and someone was selling DX upgrade chips, which are also marked TVN6150A.

Is that part number a generic one for any KVL upgrade or does that signify a DX upgrade? Was there even a BX to CX upgrade? I can probably get a part number/chip ID off the memory IC as well if that will be significant - just need to open the case again.

David.
4n6inv

Re: Which T3011 do I have?

Post by 4n6inv »

I'd have to check my p/n's tonight to see what version you have based on the EPROM. The short answe is: Yes; you CAN upgrade the A,B, and CX versions to DX versions. The limitations of the AX and BX being that you can not use the modem capabilites of ASN because the flex board on the frame is different than the CX and DX. Now; I don't know of anyone, yet; that absolutely has to have that feature. I've used ALL upgraded versions to load OFB and perform the other ASN functions on Astro radios. Yes, Virginia; there REALLY is a Santa Claus. I have the EPROM upgrades available, if you'd like to PM me for pricing- if you actually need it. I also have the 8K serial EEROMS for the AX and BX upgrades. It's a pretty simple operation to upgrade - asumming that you have at least two fingers remaining on each hand, and a small phillips head screw driver. Oh; and about five minutes of time...

Jim
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Many thanks,

A bit more info is needed from me, I think... my main need is to load my Astro Saber, Astro Spectras and my 3000 with this thing.

IF its a BX that's been upgraded to CX, then I'll need a DX chip. If however its actually a DX I guess I'm good to go - or were you intimating that a CX can load an Astro radio?

I only need to load DES-XL if that makes a difference...the Saber isn't OFB sexy.

And yes most likely I will be contacting you ;)

David.
4n6inv

Post by 4n6inv »

I'm not 100% certain; but I think that a CX will not load an Astro - that I'm aware of, DES-XL or not. DX certainly will. If you have a DX rev, then, yes; you're good to go. Also; if you have an AX or BX that has already been upgraded to a CX; you won't need the 8K EEROM.
4n6inv

Post by 4n6inv »

You have DX firmware. Enjoy! PM me if you have any other questions. All you need are the correct KVL to radio cables.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

4n6inv wrote:You have DX firmware. Enjoy!
Yes indeed I do! Just loaded a key into my Astro Saber with no problems.

Thanks.
Dave.
jnglmassiv
Batboard $upporter

Post by jnglmassiv »

A little late now but I've also seen DX chips marked TVN6140A.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

jnglmassiv wrote:A little late now but I've also seen DX chips marked TVN6140A.
Neither that one nor TVN6155 come back to anything in MOL. Jeff, got a part # for the current DX upgrade offering?

edit: durrr, never mind, saw the FSWT post
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Hmm, ok small problem - I tried enabling Securenet on an analogue channel... it wouldn't let me unless I disabled XL encryption on the Saber.

It's not a big deal at all because I'd prefer to use P25 with DES instead... just wondered why it wouldn't let me do it... keyloader issue or something I've not done in CPS?

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”