Activating a Fire Siren via Two-Way

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Vercomm

Activating a Fire Siren via Two-Way

Post by Vercomm »

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some ideas to activate a siren over two-way. We'll be installing a relay to control the power to the siren, so I need something to activate the relay via two-way. I'm thinking, DTMF decoder, MDC1200, etc...

We'd like the siren to activate for 20-30seconds and then automatically shut off.

Just wondering what others have done for a project like this.

The department has PR400's, CP200's, P110's, P1225's, and M1225's w/DTMF mics.

Ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Jamie
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, torn up and shouting... "Holy Sh*t...what a ride!!"
spareparts
Batboard $upporter

Re: Activating a Fire Siren via Two-Way

Post by spareparts »

Vercomm wrote:I'm looking for some ideas to activate a siren over two-way. We'll be installing a relay to control the power to the siren, so I need something to activate the relay via two-way. I'm thinking, DTMF decoder, MDC1200, etc..
http://www.federalsignal-indust.com/def ... ookup=2389

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”