Help for a 2006 Ford Taurus Install

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

posse401
What radios do you own?: MT2000, Saber I, SP50, Spectra

Help for a 2006 Ford Taurus Install

Post by posse401 »

I am getting ready to install a GM950 in a 2006 Ford Taurus. We will be mounting the radio in the center console area with the antenna being run out to the trunk. I need some advice/hints on where would be the best place to connect the power supply for the radio. Whatever would be the easiest and safest way would be the best. This is just going in a surveillance car and doesn't need to be super-stellar looking -- just functional.

Thanks.
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: Help for a 2006 Ford Taurus Install

Post by n7maq »

posse401 wrote:I am getting ready to install a GM950 in a 2006 Ford Taurus. We will be mounting the radio in the center console area with the antenna being run out to the trunk. I need some advice/hints on where would be the best place to connect the power supply for the radio. Whatever would be the easiest and safest way would be the best. This is just going in a surveillance car and doesn't need to be super-stellar looking -- just functional.

Thanks.
The best (should be only) place to to connect the B+ line is directly to the battery.

Do you have a console shifter? If so I would like to see some pictures of your completed install.

Jim
posse401
What radios do you own?: MT2000, Saber I, SP50, Spectra

Post by posse401 »

Its a column shifter.

How about a place to go thru the firewall?
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

posse401 wrote:
How about a place to go thru the firewall?

I have not done any myself (I drive one too, but I have not put anything in yet) but if now one answers you by Monday I'll get the info from Auto Additions as to where they would run it. I have only glanced at mine, never really looked close to do any kind of install. I don't like the car, so I need to trade it in soon.

Jim

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”