Minitor V UHF Audio Delay

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Gigs

Minitor V UHF Audio Delay

Post by Gigs »

I do not have this problem with a Minitor IV or III, etc. It is only the V version (and every V does it). Does anyone know why (or more importantly a way to fix it) the .5 second or so delay at the beginning of any and all messages. It is really iritating to miss the beginning of a sentenance, etc.. My Minitor IV works just fine, it only does this on all V's. Thanks (hoping for a solution to fix).
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: Minitor V UHF Audio Delay

Post by Pj »

Have you tried to have the squelch adjusted? Only thing I can think off of the top of my head. All the V's I have open up quickley.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
chrismoll
New User

Post by chrismoll »

I dont have that, it seems be something like it takes a few seconds for it to "start-up" and turn on the speaker for the transmission
tnf

Post by tnf »

is it going through a repeater?

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”