Coiled Cord to Race Headset

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ralphwarren
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Coiled Cord to Race Headset

Post by ralphwarren »

Does anyone know if there is a coiled cord to standard 5-pin race headset cord available for the MOTOTRBO? With that - how about a 6" pig-tail to connect to a universal race car harness?

I saw one avail for well over $100 - I guess because of a DSP chip what had to be included in there.

I currently use CP200 and PR400 radios - I'm thinking about trying out the MOTOTRBO radios and need those adapters.

Thanks,
-Ralph
philiprhoads
New User

Re: Coiled Cord to Race Headset

Post by philiprhoads »

I am working on a cable for that purpose as we speak. I need to get access to a Mototrbo radio for a little longer than I have had. However as a long aquainted engineer to the Racing World specifically it will be imperative that I finish this soon. I have been trying out a new adapter that actually looks promising from a chinese mfgr. (Yeah I know) but I have one and it looks OKAY. It has the Hirose 6-pin connector on top (not wired the same as what you may be used to but the hope is just to rewire the Jedi / XTS Hirose type cables to match the new pin outs and wire to the switchcraft (or equivalent)TA5FL connection at the headset the same as the industry standard. I will post later as to my progress. Wish me luck.
PBR

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”