Paging Programming Cradles

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mrtor
What radios do you own?: Analogue, Digital x lots

Paging Programming Cradles

Post by mrtor »

Hi Everyone
Being relatively new to the world of pager programming, I have taken over the paging fleet to look after. We are splitting onto 2 different frequencies. We currently have Advisor II's that we are tossing for Commtech Wireless 7900's due to the volume of the beep, the other system will comprise a host of different vendor pagers.
I have gone down the path of buying pager specific cradles for a couple of them that are either USB or Parallel port connected. I now have a number of Unication Alpha Gold pagers that appear to only have 2 pins to program them.

Question is, if I build the Universal Programmer as shown on the Batlabs site, will that work with these and possibly other pagers ? Are there any smarts in the cradles themselves that use the Universal Programmer or are they literally a cradle with the pins in the right spot ?

Thanks in advance
Michael

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”