Minitor V discontinuation??

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

coling223
New User

Minitor V discontinuation??

Post by coling223 »

I've heard that /\/\ is going to discontinue (or already has) manufacturing of the minitor v's... heard something to do with the main chip and the battery. Anyone have anything further than this, several google searches turned nothing up.
Al

Re: Minitor V discontinuation??

Post by Al »

Mot placed a temporary ship hold(stopped shipping) on the Min Vs for a few weeks in May to correct a design problem with the battery circuitry, and shipments resumed at the end of May.
coling223
New User

Post by coling223 »

what did they mess up with the battery circuitry other than not using li-on?
tbski
What radios do you own?: Harris, Kenwood, Motorola

Post by tbski »

Any word on a Mintor 6?

The fives are getting past their prime.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

Does this mean anything for the thousands of MinitorV batteries already in service?
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
Al

Post by Al »

The most recent information that I have from my paging distributor is that the problems were not with batteries, but rather the rear housing on the Minitor V(the factory molds were worn and as a result the batteries were nearly impossible to remove once they were inserted into the pager back housing).

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”